The maintenance process of a mattress becomes too hard if there are rigorously accumulated or stubborn stains present. You can wash the normal stains with the help of simple rubbing and cleaning, but if there is a yellow stain present on it, you have to put extra effort into it. It’s because yellow stains are the toughest, hard to remove, and stubborn type of stains. And if you are feeling frustrated because of these hard stains on your mattress and want to get rid of these stains, this post will help you a lot in this case.
What is the Reason Behind Yellow Stains?
Most of the time, yellow stains occur because of bodily fluids, hair oils, sweat, and dirt. If you have a child, then the bedwetting can be another reason because urine can leave these yellowish stains. And believe it or not, no one wants to sleep on this type of dirty, smelly, and stinky mattress. Therefore the cleaning or washing process of a mattress takes a massive role because you will spend seven to eight hours a day sleeping on it. So, it should be clean, fresh, and have no irritating fragrance. Right? You can use mattress odour remover to avoid faulty smell in your mattress. Now let’s move forward to the cleaning or removing process of yellow stains, but if you think that your whole mattress is looking very dirty. In this case, you should wash the entire mattress instead of just removing the stains. Mattress manufacturing companies and experts suggest that you should wash your mattress once every six months, but if you have time and your mattress becomes very dirty, you can do it once every three months.
There are several ways to present that you can use to get rid of the yellow stains from your mattress, but here we are going to look at some of the simplest and tested methods. We have divided this stain removing process into two different parts, the first one is the natural method, and the second one is the chemical method
How To Remove Yellow Stains Naturally
Most of the time, people prefer to use harsh chemical material for removing these stubborn types of yellow stains. But the truth is that in this way, you can end up with a damaged mattress that smells irritating because of the strange fragrance of different chemicals. And no one wants to sleep on this type of irritating fragrance of mattress. In this case, you should definitely try out the natural process. In this method, you only need a few ingredients that you can find in any household, like baking soda, water, lavender oil, salt, stainer, vacuum cleaner, and a mixing bowl.
- Firstly, we will use the vacuum cleaner method, where you need to mix baking soda, a few drops of lavender oil, and the stainer in a bowl. After that mix, it properly then spread it all over the mattress to clean the yellow stains.
- Now wait for a few minutes to react this mixture with the stains, it is essential to remove those tough yellow stains, after that wash it and let it dry.
- It was the vacuum cleaner method, now let’s take a look at the manual stain removing process. For this, you need to mix the three to four tablespoons of baking soda with a few drops of water and salt. After that, mix these natural ingredients properly and spread this mixture all over the mattress.
- After spreading it on the mattress, it is now time to rub it correctly and firmly, but do not use the mattress vacuum cleaner in this step.
- At least rub the mixture on the mattress till 30 minutes or more, then you can move forward to the wiping step.
- When you complete 30 minutes of rubbing, you can now wipe the left mixture from the mattress with the help of a damp cleaning cloth.
That’s it; this was the whole natural removing process of yellow stains from the mattresses. In this way, you can clean the mattress properly without affecting the longevity of your mattress.
How To Remove Yellow Stains With Chemicals
Well, here we are not going to share with your method that included the harsh chemicals. But if you use this chemical method that we are going to share with you, you can ensure proper removal of yellow stains without causing any damage to your mattress. Or in case, if the natural cleaning method didn’t work for you, then you can try out this chemical method.
- In the first step, take three to four tablespoons of baking soda with few drops of water. After mixing, the hydrogen peroxide in it, but make sure not to use the hydrogen peroxide more than 3% because it is a very reactive chemical.
- Stir this whole mix until the baking soda gets completely dissolved; when it happens, you can move forward to the next step.
- You can spread this chemical mix on the mattress by wearing disposable safety gloves on your hand, but in our opinion, you should give a try to the spray bottle for this task.
- Fill the mix in the spray bottle and spray it all over the mattress; after that, wait until it gets completely absorbed.
- When you see that the chemical mix is now completely absorbed, then you should let it dry. Yeah, this is the step that can take a bit longer but not more than three to four hours.
- You can use the dryer or even turn the fan on full speed to boost up this drying process.
That’s it; this was the chemical process of cleaning yellow stains without harming your mattresses. If you failed with the natural cleaning solution or method, then this chemical method will definitely remove all the stains, no matter if there are normal stains or yellow stains. Surely, there are many other unknown methods present that you can use to remove the yellow stains on the mattress, but who knows what type of effect those methods show after you use them. Right? So, it would always be great for you to go with the reliable, tired, and tested methods, like those we mentioned above. To avoid more yellow stains use zipper mattress cover and wash mattress cover twice in a month to keep your mattress cleans and fresh as new.
Sumi Memon is the author of the content that you will find on this website. I have worked in the mattress manufacturing industry for many years, and I was leading the research and development wing of one of the most popular mattress brand in the market. I decided to use my knowledge to help the people in choosing the right mattress for themselves. This is the time when the idea struck me to start a fair and transparent blog that will educate people about their unstated needs.
After working for many years in the industry, I realized that a lot of people are not aware of the type of mattress that they should be using. With my experience, I compile the lists, reviews, and buying guides on this website, and I am sure that you can use my knowledge for your benefit. You can go ahead and explore the various sections of my website, and I promise you an experience that will enhance your lifestyle and health.