Best CPAP Pillow 2020 – Top 10 Brands & Buying Guide
People who suffer from sleep apnea or loss of breathing during the night are prescribed with positive air pressure therapy. Under this therapy, the patient is connected to a ventilation system, which ensures continuous airflow for the patient. This is the best possible solution to the problem and the therapy is also referred to as CPAP. Now, the problem comes with the pillow used by the patient. It is not possible to use the regular pillow because of the fact that the mask is attached to the patient’s face.
In such a case, CPAP Pillows can prove to be highly beneficial. They can make the patient comfortable while sleeping and at the same time, they can ensure that the mask is properly latched to the patient’s face throughout the night. The CPAP pillows have recessed sides along with the recessed bottom, hose stabilizer, and a centre dimple. Let us now look at the benefits of using a CPAP pillow to understand things in a better way
Benefits of Using a CPAP Pillow
There are several benefits of using a CPAP Pillow, some of them are listed in this section
- CPAP Pillow ensures a comfortable sleep throughout the night.
- The CPAP Pillow also reduces the pressure that is exerted on the face. This is mainly because of the design of the pillow
- The hose and the face mask is aligned properly which means that the air leaks are restricted and the airway is properly aligned.
- Apart from the benefits listed above, CPAP Pillow also ensures proper neck support and a proper spinal alignment which helps the patient in sleeping properly. It also reduces the chance of neck ache or backache.
With all these benefits, we are sure that you would love to invest in a good CPAP pillow so let us move ahead and check out the best CPAP Pillow available in the market.
Top 10 Best CPAP Pillows & Review
There are several brands of CPAP Pillow available and within the brand as well, you will find several configurations. In such a case, finding the right CPAP pillow may sound a little difficult however, you do not have to worry at all because we are here to help you. We did the research on your part and we have compiled a list of the best CPAP pillows available in the market. Let us check them out now.
#1. CPAP Memory Foam Contour Pillow
On number 1, we have a CPAP pillow from EnduriMed and this is a large CPAP pillow which is made of Memory Foam. The pillow ensures that it reduces the mask interference with pressure-free mask zone and at the same time, the pillow is very resistant to Dust Mites and other Allergens. This product provides optimal support to the spine and it is for the people who wish to sleep on their back or sideways. The pillow also has large sides which are contoured to support the airways.
- Easy to switch sides while using the pillow
- Made of soft memory foam
- Comes with 2 levels of thickness
- Perfect for CPAP, BiPAP and APAP Users
- Comes with a washable cover
- Really comfortable to use and can be used by side, back or even stomach sleepers
- Easy to turn while using this pillow
- Very affordable
- Nothing as such
#2. CPAPMax 2.0 Pillow with CPAP Machine
The second one on our list is from Contour Products and this one comes with a pillowcase. It takes care of the air pressure and it ensures that there is no leak while using the mask. The pillow is also available in three colours and you can choose the one which you like. The greatest advantage is that it is compatible with all types of a sleeper because of the adjustable height level. This is right, you can adjust the height by up to 4 levels. No matter which masks you are using, the pillow can be used easily
- There are 2 different sleeping surface on this pillow and you can choose among one.
- Has a concave center and hence it also acts as an orthopaedic pillow
- Comes with a pillowcase
- Uses memory foam, high resiliency foam and charcoal-infused high resiliency foam to minimize and neutralize the odour
- Comes with 2 years warranty
- Easy to clean and has a design that neutralizes the odour
- Has 4 different height adjustments
- Slightly expensive
#3. Contour CPAPMax 2.0 Pillow for Sleeping
This is the second product on our list from Contour Products and the major difference between this CPAP pillow and the one listed above is that of cost. In addition to this, this pillow also has 4 different adjustable height levels along with 2 different sides. Apart from this, the pillow also has 3 different types of foam out of which one is charcoal infused foam whose main purpose is to neutralize the odour. Side sleepers, back sleepers, and stomach sleepers can use this pillow without any trouble,
- 2 different sleeping sides offering varying level of stiffness
- Works as an orthopaedic pillow as well
- Has pressure-free side cutouts and extra supportive edges
- FSA/HAS Approved
- Quite affordable when it comes to price
- Height adjustment makes it easy to use
- 3 layers of foam with 2 different types of side.
- Doesn’t comes with a pillowcase
#4. PureComfort Height Adjustable CPAP Pillow
If you are looking for a different kind of design then check out this pillow from Pure Comfort. This pillow is CertiPUR Certified and in addition to this, it is specifically designed for the people who sleep on the side. The main advantage of this pillow is that it reduces the ear pain because of pressure difference. The pillow is quite comfortable to use and the company even offers a 100 day money-back guarantee when it comes to comfort.
- CertiPUR Certified foam used in making this pillow
- Machine washable pillow
- Dust mites and allergen resistant
- Made of Memory Foam and comes with Soft bamboo Cover
- Has cutouts for ears which reduces facial pressure and eliminates ear pain
- Easy to clean as it can be washed in the machine
- Comes with 5 years of warranty on the pillow and 100 days of comfort refund guarantee.
- Mainly designed for side sleepers
#5. Premium Pillow for CPAP Side and Stomach Sleepers
On number 5, we have a pillow from Mars Wellness and this pillow has a greater height when compared with other products available in the market. It provides a lot more comfort and support to the side sleepers but at the same time, the pillow can be used by people who sleep on back and stomach as well. Overall, the pillow ensures that there are no leaks and you do not have to over tighten the mask to prevent the air leaks.
- Promotes proper neck and spine alignment
- Ensures that there is no pressure leak
- Can be used people using CPAP, APAP and BiPAP Machines.
- Prevents pressure soar
- Can be machine washed as it comes with a pillowcase
- Improves the effectiveness of therapy
- Highly versatile pillow for all patients.
- Nothing as such to mention
#6. CPAP Pillows for Side Sleepers – Contoured Memory Foam
We also have a pillow from Scandvia in our list. This one is designed for the side sleepers and the pillow is designed in compliance with CPAP requirements. The material used here is the memory foam to ensure a lot of comforts. Apart from this, the pillow has side cutouts and has a very ergonomic shape to promote a better sleeping posture. The pillow has a compact design and hence it also travels friendly. The pillow ensures that there are no air leaks while using any type of CPAP mask.
- CPAP compliant
- Provides comfortable sleep and ensures that there are no leaks
- Improves the airways alignment
- Features an ergonomic design
- Comes with removable and washable cover
- Aids neck and spine alignment to ensure that there is no backache or strained neck
- Has cut outs for airways and masks
- Not recommended for back sleepers.
#7. Core Products Fiber CPAP Pillow – 4″ Loft
If you had been looking for a pillow that comes in different thickness then this could be the right choice for you. This CPAP Pillow from Core Products is available in thickness of 3 inches, 4 inches, and 5 inches. You can choose the one as per your requirements and comfort level. Apart from this, the shape of the pillow is kept in such a way that it can easily accommodate CPAP Mask, Hose, and headgear. There is no issue with the leaks or soreness as it evenly distributes the pressure on the face.
- Perfect for side sleepers
- Comes with a pillow cover to maintain hygiene.
- Available in varying thickness
- Distributes the pressure evenly and has special space for accommodating the CPAP Mask, headgear and even the hose.
- Easy to use and quite comfortable
- Easy to clean as it comes with pillow cover
- Made in the USA and hence there are no issues with the quality
- Comes at an affordable price
- Height adjustments are not available but variable heights available
#8. TruContour CPAP Pillow for Side Sleepers
You also need to check out this pillowcase from TruContour as this pillow comes with an extra pillowcase which makes it very easy to clean as well. The pillowcase is contoured and it also has side cutouts to reduce the pressure on the face and avoid any kind of leaks. The main composition here is the memory foam which ensures that the person using the pillow remains cool all night. The pillow comes with a unique CPAP hose tethering system to ensure that the hose doesn’t tangle
- Made of high-quality memory foam
- Ensures that there are no air leaks
- Distributes pressure evenly to ensure there are no pressure soars.
- You get extra pillow cover which can be used when the primary cover is being washed
- Very affordable and durable
- Can be used by back sleepers and side sleepers.
- Slightly firm and hence people who need soft pillow might not find it comfortable.
#9. Xtra-Comfort CPAP Pillow – Firm Foam Side Sleeper
The pillow that comes with the adjustable height is great to use and if you are looking for one such pillow then this is the one for you. This pillow is for people who sleep on sides, stomach or back. The cut-out area reduces pressure on the face and ensures there are no leaks. The pillow has four height adjustment and the memory foam provides support and comfort. The pillow is also washable and at the same time, it is resistant to allergens, microbes and dust mites. Overall, it proves a lot of comfort to anyone looking for CPAP pillow.
- Comes with washable cover
- Made of memory foam.
- Has four height adjustment which can be adjusted as per users preference
- Brand offer 1-year warranty on this CPAP pillow
- Easy to clean because of super-soft velour cover
- Offers improved comfort and optimal support
- Very affordable
- Not the best for people suffering from Neck stiffness
#10. CPAP Pillow w/Extra Pillowcase – Contoured Memory Foam
On number 10, there is a CPAP pillow from Lumia Wellness and this pillow is for the people who like to sleep on back, stomach or any of the side. It acts as an orthopaedic sleeping pad and it is accompanied with a washable case. People using VPAP< CPAP, BiPAP, and APAP can use this pillow without any issue. There are also cutouts for fitting the hose and the tube.
- Made of premium foam which offers optimal comfort to the patients.
- Comes with a washable pillow cover and it is allergen resistant
- Prevents mask leaks and has perfect mask leaks to ensure comfort for the patient
- Comes with 60 days guarantee
- Easy to keep it clean as it comes with a high-quality cover.
- Highly versatile as it can be used by people with different preferences.
- Some people find it a little stiff to use
Tips to Sleep Comfortably With a CPAP Machine
Here are some of the tips to sleep comfortably with a CPAP machine
- Try to relax when you lay down on the bed. It will take some time to get used to change in the way you sleep. With time, you will be able to adapt to the change.
- You may face issues with the forced here during CPAP therapy. This can be taken care of by regulating the air pressure when you start using the CPAP Machine
- If you face any allergic reaction while using CPAP mask then you need to check the same with your doctor.
- If you have a habit of breathing via mouth during the night then this may result in a dry mouth. A chin strap can help you in reducing the air leaks and dealing with the dry mouth.
- If you have an issue with the noise of the CPAP machine then you can choose to use earplugs.
Check Also – Best Pillow For Combination Sleeper 2020
Things to Consider for CPAP Pillow Buyers
Are you still confused regarding which CPAP Pillow to buy? Are you not able to understand which is the best one on the list? Well, again, do not worry because we are going to list some of the points that you can consider while purchasing CPAP pillow. Go through this short buying guide and you will find the answer.
- Type of Mask – Check the type of mask the patient uses. The type of CPAP pillow that you will buy is dependent on the type of mask. For example, if the patient uses a full face mask then you may want a pillow with deeper side cutouts. This will help you ensure that CPAP pillow meets the purpose. If the patient uses a regular nasal mask then you can also consider a pillow with shallow side cuts.
- Composition of Pillow – Composition is basically the material that the pillow is filled with. You can consider the different types of compositions. The common ones that you will find in the market are memory gel, polyester microfiber, and polyfoam. It is certainly better to opt for the ones with memory gel and polyfoam because of the support levels offered by them.
- Dimensions – You also need to consider the dimensions of the pillow that you plan to purchase. This is again more of personal preference and one thing that you might want to note before the purchase is that the CPAP pillows usually have a smaller size when compared to the regular household pillow that you use.
- Weight – For the ease of use, you can also check out the weight of the CPAP Pillow. We would recommend you to opt for something that is lightweight. On average, you will find all the CPAP pillows within a weight range of 2 pounds. The composition would certainly determine the weight of the pillow as well.
- Sleeping Pattern – The sleeping pattern may also define the requirements for CPAP pillow. If you really turn a lot at night then it is worth investing in a pillow that comes with a hose stabilizer. It will ensure that the mask doesn’t move at night when the user is turning around.
- Shoulder Levels of User – If you have broad shoulders then you can go ahead and look for the pillows that have a recessed bottom. They will offer much more comfort to you. It is again a personal choice of the user.
- Pillow Loft – If you are a side sleeper then opt for medium or high loft whereas if you sleep on your back then you can opt for lower loft as well. You will also come across the pillows with adjustable lofts.
- Ease of Cleaning – It is worth checking out the pillow that comes with a cover. It would make it easier to clean the pillow in such a case. If the pillow doesn’t come with a cover then be ready to spend some time and a lot of efforts while cleaning the pillow.
- Budget – Budget is another important aspect of the purchase. You need to understand how much you are willing to spend. You will come across pillows which are less than $70 and you will also come across the ones which are over $70. Predefining the budget will make the choice easier for you.
- Warranty – You can also check out the warranty policy on the pillows as some of the brands offer a standard warranty on the pillow. You can find the pillows with warranties as much as 10 years.
- Review and Suggestions – The last thing to check is the review and if you are still not sure then you can check out with your doctor. He can suggest you the right type of CPAP pillow for yourself.
So, these are all the factors that you must consider while choosing the CPAP Pillow. Considering these will help you in ensuring that you buy the best one and you do not regret your purchase later.
This was all the information about CPAP Pillow. We have tried to cover every aspect of this product including the benefits, tips, buying guide and other such things. We hope that this information will help you in choosing the right pillow for the one who needs it. You can check out various products available on the list and you may even choose to visit the product page if required to get more information. So, do not wait any longer, check out the deals on your favourite CPAP Pillow and order one today to promise a comfortable sleep to the patient suffering from any such disorder.